Gynecology is the medical practice dealing with the female reproduction health.
- Almost all gynecologists are obstetricians.
- To diagnose any gynecological problem, your doctor will start by clinical history and physical examination.
- Physical examination involve bimanual examination to palpate the uterus, cervix and ovaries; it also include speculum examination to check the cervix.
- Vaginal ultrasound or pelvic ultrasound can be done according to the complaint of the patient, and whether the hymen is intact or not
- Over the life time of the female she passes through several changes: hormones, breast growth, pregnancy, uterine bleeding, and menopause. So you should give special care and attention to every symptom you have because during this period a lot of health problems can happen.
Last Update: 2011-09-01